Biomimetic dentistry is a minimally invasive way of treating teeth that have become weakened, fractured and/or decayed. The word biomimetic means to mimic nature and this exciting type of dentistry recognizes the need to imitate the properties of natural teeth. Teeth move, bend and have physical dynamics of force that need to be restored with materials that emulate these properties more closely.
Advantages of Biomimetic Dentistry –
- Preserve intact tooth structure
- Minimize pain and sensitivity
- Eliminate unnecessary root canals
- Restore teeth with limited remaining structure
- Optimal seal
- Prevent catastrophic failures
- Maximize adhesion by up to 400%
At Seneca Smiles, we believe in the practice of biomimetic dentistry as it helps conserve teeth and to keep them as strong as possible. We use advanced technologies, materials, and techniques to enable us to seal teeth from bacterial infection and rebuild teeth to natural strength and resilience with materials that simulate natural tooth substances.