In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated healthcare professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
The following activities and changes were made to ensure safety for our patients and staff:
- Patients coming in and out of the office will be asked to wear face masks up until they see the doctor.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Modified Patient Check-In: Reception room is closed. Check-in is done over the phone.
- All patients must have read and signed a COVID consent form.
- We ask that patients wait in their car until the clean and disinfected operatory is ready.
- If you have multiple appointments for your family around the same time, we ask that you and your family wait in the car. We are only allowing the child or family member with an appointment to the operatory.
- The temperature of every patient will be taken before they come into the office
- Office entry Restricted: Only patients may enter the office for appointment. Spouses, friends caregivers, and parents need to wait outside
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- During the dental procedure, all patients will be asked to do a pre septic rinse.
- We will also continue to offer virtual appointments. Please contact the office for more information at 571-306-7676
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.